Heavily depleted, not scoring, lacking form – and as the game ensued – losing a precious lead before the final indignation of going down to 10 men. Just when you think matters cannot get any worse Hull City Football Club… suddenly, like a bolt from the blue… Thankfully, a summary on the longest of long days brings a close to a Tuesday evening match at Elland Road against Leeds United that finished 2-2.

On entering the shack, which was once the state of the art Elland Road, the takeover news concerning Hull City Football Club was ricocheting around the Tiger nation – which was bigger and more vocal than expected. Our support has often been commented upon, but on this cold night in West Yorkshire, it was quite simply fantastic and played a massive part in the result.

Captain Ian Ashbee replaced Tom Cairney and John Bostock and Richard Garcia replaced Mark Cullen. Jay Simpson and surprisingly, Peter Halmosi were getting seats on the bench for the first time in this campaign. Right from the off things looked bright and there was a great feeling about แทงบอลออนไลน์ the place and after 14 minutes City took the lead through a wonder goal from Bostock with a free kick from 30 yards, which will get more You-Tube hits than Susan Boyle.

After 33 minutes a rare poor headed clearance by our normally error-free centre back allowed Johnson to drill home from 20 yards to put Leeds level, somewhat undeservedly. Just before half time Kilbane failed to put City back in front from a chance that should have been buried. As the first half drew to a close Bostock got a yellow followed up by cards of the same colour for Kilbane and Harper.

Cairney replaced Zayatte in the 68th minute who had played very poorly. City started the second half looking like this week’s half time talk was not an ear-bashing, but instead ‘let’s play for a point’. The inevitable happened in the 70th minute when O’ Brien was left unmarked to criminally head Leeds into an undeserved lead.

It was only 12 minutes from time Bostock was sent off for a foul on Johnson to reduce City to 10 men. As we were preparing for another defeat, it was late in the game when Cairney took a dreadful corner and Johnson slid the ball into his own net to send the 2,000 members of the Tiger nation into raptures. Game over 2-2! Hull City Football Club escape with a much needed point.

By admin